Noble and Greenough School History
The Noble's Classical School, known informally as "Nobles," was founded as a boys' day school in 1866 by George Washington Copp Noble. In 1892, James Greenough, mathematics and science teacher, became Mr. Noble's associate. The School changed its name to Noble and Greenough and moved to 97 Beacon Street in Boston. In 1922, it became a Country Day and Boarding School and moved to its present site in Dedham, Massachusetts. With the advent of coeducation in the mid-70s, the student body eventually increased, and currently stands at 612.
Nobles is currently celebrating its 150th anniversary.