Nobles is a highly academic and selective coed day and five-day boarding school of 585 (including 48 high school boarders) in grades 7-12 in Dedham, Mass., (just outside of Boston). We seek candidates who, in joining the faculty and staff, would bring a desire for ongoing professional improvement, a diversity of backgrounds and experiences and a demonstrated commitment to young people. Nobles has a long standing commitment to diversity and takes pride in ensuring that this is reflected within our faculty and staff.
We fully respect the fact that candidates are eager to learn of the status of their applications, but we regret that we cannot attend to such inquiries by telephone.
This position reports to the Director of Major Gifts and Campaign, and will also be a part of the operations team of the office. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide administrative support to the Major Gifts and Campaign team.
- Prepares correspondence to support Major Gift Officers
- Prepares pledge and gift acknowledgement letters
- Inputs and maintains data in Raiser’s Edge, runs queries, exports and reports to track prospect and gift and pledge activity
- Participates in Major Gifts meetings and prepares support materials as requested by the Major Gifts team
- Provides administrative and communication support for the 25th and 50th reunions
- Works with the assigned MGO to manage the First Class Fund for Faculty gift effort, including preparing materials, drafting acknowledgement letters and coordinating mailings
- Assists with Achieve (summer program) needs, such as mailings, brochures, events and meetings
- Organizes and schedules meetings
- Performs prospect research and coordinates research requests with external vendors
- Prepares targeted mailings and assists in office projects
- Works on special projects as assigned
- Provides general administrative support and back-up for Office Manager duties, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Major Gifts and Campaign
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Database management experience (specifically Raiser’s Edge) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, multi-task, and work with many people on different projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high degree of professionalism
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to work independently and be flexible in a fast-paced office environment
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Vidya_Kagan@nobles.edu or by mail to Vidya Kagan, Director of Major Gifts and Campaign, 10 Campus Drive, Dedham, MA 02026. No phone calls please.