Graduates Council Service Initiatives
The Council supports Nobles through three service initiatives: Service to Graduates, Service to School, and Service to Community. The following standing committees of the Council are also dedicated to the fulfillment of these initiatives: Nominating Committee, Graduates of Color Committee, and Young Graduates Committee.
Service to Graduates
To develop, maintain, and strengthen ties among graduates, and between Nobles and the graduate base.
- Nominating Committee (select recipients of the Lawson Service Award, the Distinguished Graduate Award, the Young Graduate Award, the Flood Award and then three candidates for Graduate Trustee)
- Graduate Programs (at least one book club, consider a “spring lunch” with seniors, college care packages)
- Young Graduates Committee (cultivate young leadership and engage young graduate population at large through social and networking events and the Young Graduate Award)
- Career Networking Initiative (spring networking event, outreach to increase the number of willing career mentors and their visibility)
- Graduates of Color Committee (annual game night with students, Boston dinner with Steven Tejada, continued collaboration with MSA, S2S and B2B)
Service to School
To provide support and assistance to faculty and administration, and to provide students the opportunity to draw on the resources of the graduate community.
- Tickets-for-Faculty Initiative
- Admission Calling Program (recruitment and yield calls)
- Senior Spring Introduction to the Graduates Association
- Mentor program coordinated by the Graduate Affairs Office
Service to Community
To engage graduates interested in participating in Nobles service opportunities to benefit both the school and the greater community.
- Fall Family Service Project: National Family Volunteer Day/Meals of Hope
- Reunion Service Project: Stamp Out Hunger Drive
- Graduates Council Drives
- Service night at Rosie's Place, February 4th