Middle School Parent Reps
Welcome to the 2014-2015 academic year! We would like to extend a warm welcome to all new and returning families to the Nobles community. The start of the school year is an exciting and busy time.
The Nobles Parents Association will be offering many activities throughout the year to give parents an opportunity to connect and get involved with the school. As your middle school Parent Reps, we will keep you informed of the important events happening in the Middle School, through the Nobles
Parents' Association newsletter, which you will receive via e-mail at the start of each month. This can also be accessed on the school website.
In addition, you will receive a weekly e-mail from Maryanne MacDonald, which will be a great reminder of the happenings at the Middle School.
As your Class VI and Class V representatives, we will be organizing parent social events and coordinating volunteer opportunities. Volunteering at Nobles is a wonderful way to get involved, meet other parents, teachers and your child’s classmates. Throughout the year, there will be a variety of ways to be involved on campus.
Log on to the Nobles website and please take a moment to look at available volunteer opportunities. We will also highlight key events each month. There is a Middle School page as well as a school wide page.
Below are Middle School calendar highlights for the month of September.
Middle School Events
• Wednesday, September 3- Class VI and V Retreat Day (dismissal at 3:30 Pratt Middle School)
dress is casual, students should bring their textbooks to school.
• Thursday, September 4-Middle School classes begin; Afternoon Program begins, dress code
will be in effect.
• Saturday, September 6-Parent Association School Wide Fall Social, 6:30p.m. at the Nobles Castle
• Wednesday, September 10-The first Parents Association meeting, 8 a.m. in the Castle
Library. This is a great way to get involved and learn more about volunteer opportunities at Nobles.
• Thursday, September 18-Back to School Night 6 p.m. at the Nobles Campus
• Friday, September 19-Middle School (Class VI and Class V) Parent Social, please RSVP online. You will need to be logged into the Nobles website to respond.
• Thursday, September 25-Rosh Hashana, School closed
• Monday, September 29- Grandparents Day
• Tuesday, September 30-An Evening with Author Po Bronson 7p.m. Lawrence Auditorium
• Thursday, October 23, Middle School Parent Coffee-Save the date, 8 a.m. Please join us for a conversation with Middle School Dean, Colette Finley. Ms. Finley will talk about life in the Middle School and will be available to answer some of your questions.
Please review with your MS Student the “Middle School Discipline Procedure” and John Gifford’s July letter, which contains useful information for the start of school. We look forward to seeing returning parents and meeting new parents in September. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding anything Nobles.
Leslie Del Col (firstname.lastname@example.org)-Class VI
Erin Majernik (email@example.com)-Class VI
Leigh Poole (firstname.lastname@example.org)-Class V
Wendy MacDonald (email@example.com)-Class V