Middle School Notes, December 2010
In November, many Middle Schoolers enjoyed the first Game Nite of the year. Activities included a moon bounce, cotton candy machine and countless games. Also in November, the Middle Schoolers participated in the Thanksgiving Pie Drive. They made more than 250 pies in two days, donating 100 to Single Parent Family Outreach in Boston. The proceeds from the sale of 150 pies to the Nobles community were donated to The Greater Boston Food Bank - the charity chosen this year by the Middle School.
Thank you to Anna Abate and Elizabeth Clarke for organizing and orchestrating this huge event and making it all go so smoothly. Additionally, many thanks to all the volunteers who donated ingredients, helped with producing the pies and made this important community event such a success.
December will be a short month with Assessments, preparation by the Sixth Class for the annual Holiday Assembly and the start of vacation. If you missed opportunities to volunteer in the fall there will be plenty of chances in the new year, including Jan. 17, (MLK Day of Service) and the RTW (Round the World) surprise lunch in March.
Important Dates for December:
• Dec. 7 - Admission Open House
• Dec. 10 - Choral Concert - 7 p.m., Lawrence Auditorium
• Dec. 14-16 – Assessments
• Dec. 17 - No School - Comment Writing Day
• Dec. 20 - Holiday Assembly, 8 a.m.; Mini-classes, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m.; Individual Advisor Meetings (Students are dismissed after their advisor meetings.)
• Dec. 21 - Winter Break Begins
• Jan. 4 - School Re-Opens
• Hold the Date: Monday, Jan. 17, MLK Day of Service
Class V Reps
Anu Gulati (email@example.com)
Heather Zink (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Class VI Reps
Carol Taiclet (email@example.com)
Heather Woodworth (firstname.lastname@example.org)