Congratulations to all Nobles teams and coaches on a memorable fall season. Highlights as follows:
- After competing in the New England Class A Tournament with four overtimes to end in a 0–0 tie with number one seed Choate Rosemary Hall, girls varsity soccer earned the title as Class A Co-Champions.
- ISL co-champions girls varsity field hockey defeated New England powerhouse Greenwich Academy, 2–1. The team claimed the New England Class A Championship after two overtimes and strokes when captain Emily Ott ’14 ripped the fifth stroke past the Greenwich goalie.
- Olivia Mussafer ’15, ISL girls cross country MVP, finished fourth in the girls’ New England All-Star meet and Eric Jubber ’16 finished 13th in the boys’ category. Both runners will compete in the Foot Locker Championships on Nov. 30, 2013.
- During Nobles vs. Milton weekend, varsity football triumphed over undefeated Milton Academy, 14–12. The team had a great turn around from last season as tied for third in the ISL with a 6-2 record. Boys varsity soccer also had a successful season improving from four wins in 2012 to 11 wins in 2013.
- The inaugural volleyball season brought together a strong group of athletes—many of whom had never played volleyball—and the girls varsity volleyball team won several tough matches including a five-game win over rival Milton Academy (15–14 in the fifth game).
- Sub-varsity teams also had enormous success lead by the undefeated middle school football team and undefeated boys and girls junior varsity soccer teams.
- In addition, the Nobles afternoon program collected and distributed more than 36,000 pounds of food to local food pantries as part of the #AllDawgsGottaEat initiative. The goal for the 2013-2014 year is 75,000 pounds.